KOBE BEAN BRYANT, 41

KOBE BEAN BRYANT, 41
DEAR BASKETBALL Kobe Bryant's legacy went beyond basketball, he became an icon of a generation in need of an identity
11 July 2018

FINDING THE CLIMATE; IT WAS (YOU MAY SAY) A way of understanding things 
























I ALWAYS HAVE MY RESERVATIONS when it comes to environmental problems. Over the years, it has evolved into a political issue more than a societal one. As much as I would want to turn a blind eye to it, a closer look to its claims, however, is far from being nebulous.

I’m no expert on ecological conservation either, but I do feel like I have a responsibility of resolving it. It doesn’t take an expert mind when arguing about its sorry effects to the community. I only have to take a few steps outside of my house and suffer the consequences. 

The prevailing mood outside is unsettling. At one point, the weather seemed perfect for a walk, but after a few hours, I would be knee deep on a surging flood following a heavy downpour. That’s how unpredictable the (weather) conditions outside have become. You don’t necessarily know if the environment is claiming its dues already or that there may be something sinister behind it. Either way, though, the climate is really changing and is changing at a rapid pace.

Yes, the old cliché of climate change is real. It’s not some sort of a concept whereby you could lobby and eventually get funds and highlight it online. It is actually a real problem that has gone extensive and is potentially dictating our days moving forward. Now that may sound idealistic or opportunistic to some, yet I don’t know exactly how to address this particular dilemma other than naming it as it is. You simply need to realize that we have in here an issue that has, if unchecked, the prospect of obliterating us and wiping out our generation as we know it.

Many consider the environment as a way of understanding things. Some are so dedicated that they have created avenues where they can channel their environmental concerns into something serviceable as far as developing if not improving our quality of life is concerned. Far-fetched as it may seem, but it has to start somewhere. Your environment needs you as much as you need something from it. 

Nevertheless, I need to take good care of my own yard from now on. That’s the least that I can do for the environment, despite having doubts about its purported healing. I don’t necessarily need to join a club, a group, or a fraternity to do that. I’ll just have to be mindful of my act somehow, particularly those that are nature-damaging. 

I might have my suspicions as to its eventual reinstatement. I might be even called superficial, lame, or detached, offering a meager help, confronting climate change as if dealing with a marital problem. But there’s no real change or remedy at all if you don’t start something from your own turf, because that’s where it all began. 

Otherwise, I’ll be singing the same tune over and over again, and that I might be in danger of going trite since I have treated the issue in circles of which, in most cases, is generally labeled as political.   

0 (mga) komento: